Pound Sterling (£)
Why join? What does the BMAA do for me?
Formed purely to represent the members' interests the BMAA has an impressive track record.
For example the BMAA:
- Has represented microlight pilots and owners since 1981
- Has negotiated and developed sensible licence requirements for microlight pilots
- Monitors and administers microlight instruction
- Has developed an affordable and proportional airworthiness system to keep your microlight flying
- Supports a network of Inspectors and Check Pilots to help you maintain your aircraft in an airworthy condition
- Processes annual permit revalidations, modifications and build projects at a lower cost than the national authority
- Has a full time expert staff, able to help members across the whole range of microlight-related topics
- Offers free technical advice to members about building, repairing or modifying your aircraft
- Maintains a network of Club Safety Officers who promote good practice for safe microlighting
- Supports the highly successful British Microlight Team both in the UK and in international competitions
- Has teamed up with suppliers to offer discounts on goods and services. See the details on the Members' Benefits page.
The BMAA continues to fight for reduced regulation and proportional legislation to ensure that our members can keep flying. At a time when the European regulators are looking to 'harmonise' leisure aviation, BMAA devotes a great deal of time to representing our sport and ensuring its continued success.
And, of course... we produce Microlight Flying
, a monthly magazine exclusive to our members, offering the best coverage of microlighting in the UK and abroad. As a member of the BMAA you will also have access to:
- Dedicated Microlight Flying website;
- Current magazine available to read online as well as archive of past issues;
- Monthly enewsletter, “MF eNews”
If you already fly a microlight or are in the process of learning, you should join the BMAA and support microlight flying in the UK!
Our website makes use of non-invasive (no personal data) cookies to provide you with an enhanced user experience. By continuing to use the site, you consent to this.Close More
A cookie is a small file containing text and numbers generated by the website and passed from your browser back to our website when you revisit the site.
A cookie is used here to allow you to navigate the site, log in etc. Without this cookie (called a session cookie), this site would not work properly and so this has already been set.
We use a popular statistics tool called Google Analytics which uses non invasive cookies to allow us to find out how effective our marketing is, based on referencing how you got to our website (search engine, direct, or from another site etc).
We use an animation based rotating image which uses a cookie to know which image was last displayed so that as you move from page to page you are not seeing the same image every time.
We can also make use of third party services such as video clip players which can set cookies, for example to enable them to know that you part played a video clip previously, or to store customised settings such as brightness or volume. Close